Have you ever wished your hair could change color based on your mood or the environment? Well, the future of hair dye is here, and it’s as magical as it sounds.
The Birth of a Revolutionary Idea
Lauren Bowker of The Unseen has brought this fantasy to life. Drawing inspiration from the 90s teen witchcraft film, The Craft, Bowker envisioned a hair dye that would react to its surroundings. The result? Seven different semi-permanent hair dyes, each with its unique reaction to either bodily or environmental temperatures.
How Does It Work?
Imagine blushing and having your hair change color in response. This isn’t a scene from a sci-fi movie; it’s the reality of these innovative dyes. When your body temperature rises, perhaps due to embarrassment or attraction, the dye reacts, shifting its hue. Remember those mood rings that were all the rage a few decades ago? This hair dye is like a grander, more sophisticated version of that.
Environmental Factors Play a Role Too
But it’s not just your body temperature that can cause a color shift. The environment plays a significant role too. For instance, stepping out into cold weather can transform blonde hair into a mesmerizing icy blue.
When Can You Get Your Hands on It?
If you’re already reaching for your wallet, hold on a moment. While The Unseen is eager to bring these dyes to the market, they plan to collaborate with a cosmetic company for the launch. But there’s more to this invention than just aesthetics. Bowker hopes that by showcasing these dyes, she can inspire young girls to explore the unconventional applications of science. She believes that “modern witchcraft and modern alchemy is possible.”
Witness the Magic
To truly grasp the magic of this dye, one must see it in action. The transformation is nothing short of enchanting. From subtle shifts to dramatic changes, the possibilities seem endless.
- Who is behind this innovative hair dye?
- Lauren Bowker of The Unseen is the mastermind behind this revolutionary product.
- What was the inspiration behind this dye?
- Bowker was inspired by the 90s teen witchcraft film, The Craft.
- How many colors are available?
- Currently, there are seven different semi-permanent hair dyes.
- Can the environment affect the color of the dye?
- Yes, both bodily and environmental temperatures can cause the dye to change color.
- When will this product be available in the market?
- The Unseen plans to collaborate with a cosmetic company for the launch. The exact date is yet to be announced.