Five Common Factors of Hair Loss
From genetics to the environment, there are countless factors that can lead to hair loss. Here we will discuss five of the most common causes of hair loss and how a hair transplant may be able to help restore your hair.
- Genetics – Genetics is by far the most common cause of hair loss. Androgenetic alopecia, or male/female pattern baldness, is an inherited condition passed down from parents to their children. In this condition, hormones called androgens shrink hair follicles which ultimately leads to thinning hair or bald spots on the scalp. A hair transplant is a safe and effective way to reverse the effects of genetic hair loss.
- Age – As you age, your body’s natural production of collagen decreases, leading to thinner, weaker hair strands that are more easily shed. This type of age-related thinning is especially noticeable in women who have gone through menopause. In some cases, a hair transplant can help restore lost volume due to age-related thinning.
- Stress – Severe stress can cause shock shedding in which large amounts of hair are released at once during regular brushing or styling activities. Although this type of shedding isn’t permanent, it can be alarming for those experiencing it for the first time. If stress-induced shedding persists for more than a few months, it may be time to consider a hair transplant procedure as a long-term solution for restoring lost volume and fullness in the scalp area.
- Diet – Eating a balanced diet rich in vitamins and minerals can help promote healthy growth and prevent excessive shedding due to nutritional deficiencies such as iron deficiency anemia or zinc deficiency dermatitis (dandruff). However, if you’ve been on restrictive diets or consistently skipping meals over an extended period of time then it might be beneficial for you to consult with a doctor about undergoing a hair transplant procedure as these diets may have depleted your body’s natural resources necessary for healthy growth and maintenance of your existing hair.
- Medication Side Effects – Certain medications such as blood thinners, antidepressants, and chemotherapy drugs have been known to cause temporary or permanent baldness in some people depending on the severity and duration of use. If you believe your medication may be responsible for your current condition then consulting with both your doctor and a qualified surgeon about undergoing a hair transplant procedure could provide you with relief from these side effects in no time.
No matter what is causing your current state of baldness, there is hope! A qualified hair doctor can provide you with personalized advice regarding whether or not you should pursue a particular course of treatment, including whether or not it would be beneficial for you to consider having a hair transplant procedure done. Remember, any decision should always be made after careful consideration so don’t rush into anything without thoroughly researching all available options first!
If you are experiencing hair loss, Concord Hair Restoration can help.
We offer a variety of hair transplant procedures that can help you restore your hair and confidence.
Our experienced team will work with you to create a treatment plan that meets your individual needs and goals.
Contact us today for a free consultation!
We have two locations in Southern California to serve you:
Los Angeles Office
16661 Ventura Blvd.
Encino, CA 91436
San Diego Office
7801 Mission Center Ct.
San Diego, CA 92108
(619) 905-HAIR (4247)